Pudge is one of the strongest solo ganker, but to unitize his strength you need practice.
Pudge's bread and butter ability is Meat Hook.
Launches a bloody hook at a unit or location. The hook will snag the first unit it encounters, dragging the unit back to Pudge and dealing damage if it is an enemy.Meat Hook is tricky to land and it requires practice to perfect it.
Here are some trainers (for DotA, Dota 2 and HoN) that will allow you to practice Pudge's hook.
Pudge Hooks is a custom WC3 Map design for Meat Hook training.
- Contains over 20 various tests
- Get good results enough to unlock harder and harder tests
- Select your difficulty level out of 3 choices
Hook PracticeHook Practice is also WC3 custom maps design for Meat Hook training.
- There are 5 targets: Standing foe, moving slowly foe(250 ms), moving normally foe(310 ms), moving fast foe(410), and moving faster foe(522 ms)
- There's a leader-board that tells you how many you killed, and how many times you missed.
- You can have the fog of war enabled or disabled.
Pudge Wars in one of the most popular Meat Hook training map.
Comes is 2 versions, advanced and reloaded.
Meat Hook Trainer (Dota 2)
Meat Hook Trainer is a custom Unity3D powered game created to help Dota 2 players practice Meat Hook.
- Control Pudge and hook running targets
- Cancel animation support
- Camera controls : edge pan, camera grip, camera to hero
- Rebindable keys
- Lag simulation
- 5 min challenge game mode
- Free hook game mode
Devourer Wars (HoN)
Devourer Wars is a custom map for Heroes of Newerth inspired by DotA Pudge Wars.
Devourer wars consists of a small map divided vertically. - East and West side. 6 Devourers vs 6 Devourers (you can play 2v2 or 3v3 etc - best number in my opinion is 5v5) Between the two sides is a river.
The object is to hook the other Devourer to your side then you slaughter each other.
Some fun aspects include:
- power ups that flow by in the river (fire hook, extra gold, time warp (everyone slows down but you are extra extra fast for about 10 secs), and a weird spikey thing that surrounds you so when you hook someone, your AoE spikes dmg them more)
- the HEAD SHOT! When your teammate hooks another player, as the enemy is being dragged, you can headshot him with your hook.
- interesting items: heal as you drag your opponent, do extra dmg / distance dragged to opponent, lay a couple mines and drag your enemy to them (or toss the mines to the other side -- with a toss item obviously), suicide, and a few more.